Saturday, December 8, 2007

Failed Attempt of inswing yorker

:(

In the match between Acasia in the Lawson Trophy I tried to ball an inswinging yorker. A powerful delivery to have in your weaponary. Since it starts from outside off, which is always a good line. As if the ball doesn't swing in, it will be difficult to dispatch for a boundary.

Here are some words about my failed attempt.

After a dropped catch, I attempted to bowl a yorker, the batsman tried to heave it on the leg side but missed and was bowled. During the time when the next man was coming in and the umpires attempted to erect the wickets once again, I kept on shining one side of the ball. I threw the ball with seam up, but on confirmation with the keeper it didn't swing in :( I tried it again but no luck. The third ball I tried once again with the seam pointing towards the leg slip, but still no success. Anyways I would go back to learning mode to learn about inswinging yorkers. I guess I would have to increase the speed, the rip and also try to pass my bowling hand by my right thigh after the release of the ball.

Lets see how it goes.

No comments: