Sunday, June 3, 2007

Me & 1st June 2007 Match

I realized that if I want wickets then I have to bowl varieties. I have more control now in bringing the ball in the batsman and keeping the ball straight. I am also comfortable with my line as well. But I feel that I must start working on having control on the ball which goes above the waist of the batsman and also work on my yorkers. Secondly I must stop what I have been thinking about doing for the past 2 weeks and that is attacking the wicket. If I can bowl a few balls outside the off stump and bring one in, then there is a higher chance of taking a wicket.

I also got a chance to field at 3rd man for the first time, and realized that its not very easy to field there, since the ball comes very fast and initially it is very hard to spot that its coming to your way. I feel that the keeper should signal to the fielder that the ball is coming his way, and secondly the fielder should immediately start running towards even if the ball is going towards long on !

No comments: