Monday, June 18, 2007

Me and the June 15th Match.

Awwwww. I had a wonderful time bowling. My run up, action and grip all went well. I had earlier researched (and posted on this blog as well), that while bowling my head should be on the left of my left arm, my wrist should remain cocked up (and no jerking) and after the jump my left hand should come down as fast as possible. The run up if its fast will result in a faster delivery.

This time I also didn't try to complicate things by trying varieties and only bowled out swingers at good speed. The wind was to my aid as well and I think I found movement both in the air and off the wicket as well. In the 24 balls I bowled I brought only 2 inside the batsman. Bowling with a new ball is always fun since it gets me movement both in the air and off the wicket. I think I would continue to bowl in the same manner next week as well and only after that I will try to work on bringing the ball inside the batsmen. But would want to work on that during practice.

There were two dropped chances off my bowling and the one which wicky dropped I was really pissed off seeing that since I expected that simple catch to be taken, especially from the captain.

The batsmen were very good as well. And it was hard not to be impressed by them. As per Amir Bhai's indication and my own analysis I was bowling full to one and good length to the other. The one that I was bowling full to, I bowled just one on the good length and on the leg and he hit me for a huge six. I never knew that this ball can be hit for a six. But then I learned my lesson and kept on bowling full to him.

Didn't get a chance to bat so nothing to write home about.

No comments: